Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's Been a While

It has been a while!  No blogging for this girl when my computer is jacked and I can't upload any pictures.  But, there has been a lot going on up here and once I get this thing fixed, I can get to blogging.  For now, I wanted to give a little update on our adoption process.  I wish that I had written down the journey step by step and shared all the details and the ways in which God has stretched us, grown us, and showed us his love and grace daily.  I think that is my one regret so far.  No more regrets so here it goes…

There has been a lot going on in Ethiopia with international adoption and it has set us back for months going forward in our process.  During these months of silence in Ethiopia, God has not been silent BUT has spoken to us on a daily basis.  Whether through a encouraging text, card in the mail, email from our agency, surprise pictures of our little man in our inboxes, you name it…Oh, and did I mention that a sweet little friend of ours, Nalia, has asked that instead of gifts at her birthday party her friends bring a small monetary gift to bless the children that live with her friend Canyon's brother in Ethiopia.  What a precious friend with a heart of gold.  God is so GOOD!

So here is where we are at now.  At this current moment, we were told that within a week or two we should have our court DATE!!!  I can't wait for that phone call.  I am longing for the day I get to hold him in my arms and not let him go.  There are a lot of details to work out once we do receive that call but I am confident that God will direct our every step.  Please pray for us as we make our plans to travel and as we pray through the possibility of staying in Ethiopia the whole time instead of coming home and making a second trip back.  Jud and I have been praying over this process for most of our marriage and the reality of God directing us here having known before time that he would be ours, is a miracle!

Praising God for His goodness,
The Henry Gang


1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

So excited about what's soon to come! Still can't believe dad's going with you. I think that's so awesome. And that little girl's bday?? So precious!