Monday, April 28, 2014

The Wait



I was feeling a bit overwhelmed today with anxiety over the waiting…the waiting for that email or phone call or bit of news telling us that we are going to Ethiopia.  Our little man has a birthday tomorrow and he will be turning 1!  As I sat at home on this dreary day in Chicago, I couldn't help but let my mind run wild.  Is this ever going to happen?  When will we get to go?  When will we meet him?  I had to STOP myself and run to God's Word because I knew He would understand and that he would encourage me and hold me tight.  And, can you believe it?  God led me right to this scripture:  "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."  Lamentations 2:22-24

Today, the Lord is my portion!  Today, he will supply the exact amount of manna that I need to get through the day.  Today, his mercies are new and his compassion will never fail me.  Today, I will stand strong knowing that the Lord has it all in His hands and that his timing is perfect.  Today, I will not let anxiety and worry put a damper on my day because I will say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."