Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Special Trip to Michigan


This past fall, we took a special trip to Michigan to visit Mulunesh.  Mulu was Kai's nurse in Ethiopia for many many months.  She is an incredible woman and has cared for so many children in Ethiopia.  We had been trying really hard to get her a visa to come to the states and visit her family.  It finally came and she was able to get to Michigan for a short visit.  My friend Jodi and I drove to see her for the day.   She holds such a special place in all of our hearts and took such good care of Kai and all of his little buddies.  When we were in Ethiopia I can remember sobbing as we were leaving to take custody of him from the orphanage.  I remember her consoling me and telling me that she doesn't cry when her kids leave because she knows that God will do great things with them in their new families.  

She is a gift from the Lord and we will never forget all that she has done and continues to do!



 Kai and his buddies- Kai and Isaiah





 We would never have brought our son home if it wasn't for Sally!  We love you and are forever grateful!


No comments: