Monday, June 30, 2014

Life with Kai Tinsae

I wish that I could update you on all that has been going on with lots of fun pictures but, I sadly think that I am done with that until we get back in the states and I can get my computer fixed.  Little T-Man poured water on our computer  mouse and now it isn't working and I haven't been able to load pictures and all of that.  That was a bummer BUT the fact that he spilled water on the computer means that he is with me!!!  Jud left Ethiopia last Tuesday night and on Wednesday, dad and I went to Jane's House, celebrated with a coffee ceremony, shed lots of tears, gave lots of hugs and kisses and left with our son!  It was really hard to leave Jane's House and to feel like you were ripping your child from all that he has known and from nannies that love him and have cared for him for the past eight months.  As I left Mulu told me "I never cry when the children leave because I know they are going to such a bright future."  It was so hard to leave that day but I am truly grateful for the staff there!  Thank you all!

Since moving into the hotel, Kai Tinsae has done a great job adapting and bonding with us.  The first night was a little rough (understandably so!) but since then he has done so well and is showing more and more of his personality everyday!  I would like to say that he is pretty attached to his Mama:)  Besides PopPop, he doesn't want anyone else holding him but me…warms a mama's heart when this is such a crucial time for bonding with him.  We are loving being with him and his smile is enough to light up a room. I would attach the cutest picture ever of little man but, this computer thing is driving me a bit nuts:(

I wanted to take this time to thank you all for following us on this great adventure!  We aren't done yet so keep the prayers coming.  We prayerfully are submitting our paperwork to the US embassy on Thursday and hope to have an appointment there early the next week.   After that we will be on our way back to the US!  We love you all and look forward to the day that you will get to meet our precious baby boy.

Blessings,
The Henry's


1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

Love nothing more than skyping with you and dad and Kai!!