Sunday, August 3, 2014

Playing Catch-Up

I know it has been forever and this has been hanging over my head since I have been back from Ethiopia.  As much as I love blogging, when I get behind I dread getting caught up.  It is a lot of work! But, well worth it for two reasons…
To be able to share our experiences with family and friends 
and
To be able to print out all of our memories at the end of each year!

Back to Ethiopia…After we went to the Mercato the day Jud left, we went to our wonderful friends house for a traditional meal and coffee ceremony. The time that we got to spend there was lovely.  Ethiopians are incredibly hospitable and are a lot of fun to be around.  Thank you Genet and Sam for a wonderful afternoon at your beautiful home!





Where they store the grains and the many things that they cook with.

A view from their home

Genet roasting the coffee.

Jud giving it a try.  

Do you see the raw coffee beans in the pan?  
I had never seen a raw coffee bean before!

My turn!

Genet sifting through the roasted beans to find those that aren't quite roasted enough.

After the beans are ground


Traditional Ethiopian friendship bread for dessert

Dad gets to do the honors of cutting the bread

Serving the coffee

1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

Too bad you don't like coffee!